Periodontal Treatment in Plattsburgh
Did you know that nearly 75% of the population suffers from periodontal disease? Also known as gum disease, this common condition is often so subtle at first that patients aren’t even aware of it, until serious consequences like tooth loss to occur if their case goes untreated for too long. Thankfully, you can trust our team at True North Dental Group to diagnose oral health needs as soon as possible during routine check-ups. If Dr. Craig Heins or Dr. Tom Gerner discover damage, our team can provide the skilled periodontal attention and relief you need in a relaxed, comfortable environment. Contact our Plattsburg, NY practice today to schedule your first appointment! We can’t wait to welcome you.
In some situations, periodontal disease won’t have any noticeable symptoms until it’s reached serious stages; this is one of many reasons why attending regular check-ups is so important for your wellbeing. However, there are some tell-tale signs patients look for at home, which include:
- Gums that seem overly swollen, red, and/or tender
- Oral bleeding that usually occurs when brushing or flossing teeth
- Teeth that inexplicably appear longer over time
- A sudden shift in the way your teeth/bite feel
- Excessive bad breath that lingers even after diligent oral hygiene
Revitalizing Therapy Options
- Diligent oral hygiene – In the early stages of this condition, ill effects can be successfully reversed. Our doctors typically recommend that you attend more frequent cleanings at our Plattsburgh office or practicing a stricter oral hygiene routine at home with quality products. Our goal is to help you achieve a complete recovery before any real trouble begins.
- Scaling and root planing – This procedure is a deep cleaning that clears away bacteria from between the gums and down to the tooth roots providing much-needed relief from periodontal disease. Antibiotic therapy may also be used in conjunction to maximize the revitalizing effects.
- Non-surgical soft tissue laser treatment – With the help of our state-of-the-art soft tissue laser, Dr. Heins and Dr. Gerner actually remove disease from gum pockets in a safe and non-surgical manner. Better yet, this technology will sterilize and seal the treated tissue minimizing bleeding and making healing simple.